khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

how long does the drug phentermine hcl 37.5 mg stay in the

how long does the drug phentermine hcl 37.5 mg stay in the body after taking it. does this drug show up in a drug test. if so how many days prior can I stop taking the drug so the test will not be positive
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

khagihara :

I am honored to assist you. My answers are for information purposes only. They don’t substitute for a visit to a doctor’s office. Doctor/patient relationship is not established.

It cross-reacts methamphetamine and can cause false positive for it although phentermine itself doesn't show up in a drug test.

khagihara :

But it doesn't effect on the confirmation test (GC/MS).

khagihara :

It is important to list the medication in the drug test form.

Customer:

I havent taken this drug in a like a month I think, so basically if I take a durg test tomorrow, it will not show at all.

khagihara :

it doesn't effect on the confirmation test (GC/MS) for methamphetamine.

khagihara :

It will not show up.

khagihara :

The half-life is 16 to 31 hours.

Customer:

because I just got accepted to a nursing program and I just wanted to know and if I did take it how long can I stop taking it so that it will not show at all

khagihara :

It will be less than 0.1 mg in 10days after the intake.

khagihara :

It will not be detected in a month.

khagihara :

You don't need to worry about it.

Customer:

what about like less than one month I cant help it Im a worry wart lolol I stop taking the med I didnt like how it made me feel

khagihara :

What is the reason you took it?

Customer:

to lose weight

khagihara :

Did your doctor prescribe it?

Customer:

yep

khagihara :

Even though it is detected as phentermine in the confirmation test, it doesn't affect the acceptance of the nursing program because it is a prescription medication. You should honestly write down that you took it 1 month ago in the form as a prescription medication.

khagihara :

If necessary, they will contact your doctor who prescribed it.

Customer:

ok thank you

khagihara :

You are welcome.

khagihara, Doctor
Experience: Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.