Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I noticed today that my lips are turning white. What can this

I noticed today that my lips are turning white. What can this be an indication of?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that this can be the indication of dehydration most likely and others possibilities such as anemia & oral infection should be looked into too. I will suggest to see your physician for examination and some tests might be needed. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hmmm...I live in a hot climate, but drink at least 3 litres of water a day, am in good health and exercise daily. but you think I should see a doctor, do you?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Yes I think you should see physician for evaluation and some blood tests to rule out anemia and other factors because lips turning to white color is not normal. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.