Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been experiecing headaches

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X have been experiecing headaches for more than a year now and sinus pressure and discharge. Taking pain meds and decongestants. Headches are getting worse and I have a big bump on my right side of forhead and it hurts when I touch it. Any advice? Also I'm 53 years old.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today. Did this bump show up all at once or did it slowly get larger? Do you remember doing anything that may have caused this bump to form?

RickMD :

Are you available to chat?

Customer:

It probably has been growing gradually. I have had pain in the forhead and felt imflamation but the past 2 days the headeaches got bad and today i woke u[p with the right side of forfead very immflamed. it hurts when I touch it

RickMD :

Ok. Well, I think that the best thing you can do it try to get in to see your doctor today or tomorrow for an examination. There are a lot of things that can cause this, from an infection, a broken blood vessel, systemic issues etc and the only way to figure out what is what is with a personal examination.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

what is systemic issues please explain? also what Kind of doctor should I see neurologist?

RickMD :

Systemic issues just mean conditions that, while they manifest as a local reaction like the bump on your head, are things that are affecting your total body in general and, as such, need a general rather then a local treatment.

RickMD :

I'd not rush to a neurologist at this point but rather an internal medicine doctor.

RickMD :

What do you think?

Customer:

Ok I will go to my general doctor and see if the insurance can pay for x rays. Thank you Rick

RickMD :

My pleasure

RickMD :

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
It was a pleasure to help. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Have a great day.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC