Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

A lump just above the arch of the right foot to the outside

Customer Question

A lump just above the arch of the right foot to the outside of it a lot of swelling ,the swelling moved to the inside of the foot last night but since then has moved back to the outside, had this for over a week. Today started to get pain in my knee cap do not know if this is related to the foot problem or not
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Are you diagnosed of any medical condition ?

Any fever ?

Any redness at swelling site ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no medical condition no fever just pain no redness
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Dear Jacustomer ,

I am sorry to know about your present symptoms ,

The knee cap symptoms is not linked to your foot symptoms , I will recommend a doctor visit who can do a physical exam , imaging tests , complete blood count , ra factor , esr as underlying rheumatological disease (arthritis ) , tendonitis or infection can present with similar swelling as you described . Subcutaneous or ganglion cyst also can present similarly but that too requires doctor exam to rule it out .
Trauma also can present with similar swelling .
The doctor can also do range of motion test for knee joint as that will help him know the underlying cause of knee cap pain .

Thanks

Feel free to ask further questions if any.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am only 17 would these answer,s still apply in athritis or tendonitis or ganglion cyst in some one so young
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry , I cannot answer further questions as you are under 18 , I will have to opt out of the question as all the customers of just answer have to be above 18 .

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
The other expert has opted out
Let me ask you

What does this lump fell like to touch
And where is it..on the tendons on top of the foot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
the answer i received did not satisfy me
Hello this is an information request
The other expert has opted out
Let me ask you

What does this lump fell like to touch

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the lump is soft to touch and is on the tendons on top of the foot it is very painful especially when moving or walking on it
is it round?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is stick,s out above the swelling
OK
Now
Is this lump under the skin like a marble or does it look like a boil a skin infection
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it is under the skin and not small
OK
Ganglion cyst..this can go away on its own sometimes..sometimes needs drainage for infection
Lipoma..a fat collection...can be painful sometimes.

You need a hands on exam to tell for sure..and if this needs to be treated.

This might be interfering with how you walk..and this can be straining your knee and giving you a tendinitis or ligament stain there as well.

See an orthopedist to treat this.
Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc