Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

exhausted,ij without ambien for the next week, how do i function?

exhausted,ij without ambien for the next week, how do i function? i run tpn during the day
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

If you are unable to contact your doctor to obtain a prescription then I suggest you try hot milk, soothing sounds in the bedroom, reading a not very good book...etc.

Customer:

hello. I am tired and frightened and i don't type very well. just started a wwk without any ambien, was taking 20 mg now how do I function...I have to set up and run tpn every day!

Customer:

i cannot drink and am in the bed with lovely mucic going a fan running and a nice warming blanket on.

Customer:

hell[o?

RickMD :

Got it....you eat by tpn...

Customer:

yes

RickMD :

Do you have a friend you can call to come over and help you?

Customer:

i called a friend i srnt her yo bed

Customer:

help me how anymore

RickMD :

Why can' t you get any ambien for a week?

Customer:

my brsin jusy wont shut off

RickMD :

I can understand how that can happen. The best thing is to just not worry about it.....worry just makes it harder to get to sleep, especially since you are used to the help of the ambien and you don't have any right now.

Customer:

i am just very very tied

RickMD :

Missing a few hours of sleep won't do you any harm. Just ask your friend to make sure you are awake and, perhaps have her come over and help you, to do the morning TPN

Customer:

i can do mt tpn fine-

RickMD :

And I can tell you are very stressed. Relaxing, by what ever means you can, will go a long way toward helping you get at least some sleep.

RickMD :

Ok

Customer:

i just do not like the pump

Customer:

i am tring to destress

RickMD :

Ok. can you nap while the TPN runs if someone is there to watch things?

Customer:

i just tit and the pump is totaly computerized

Customer:

sit

RickMD :

ok. Then don't worry about not getting to sleep right now......and, I bet, the more you can stop worrying about it the better the chance you will find yourself falling asleep.

RickMD :

Then, tomorrow, perhaps you can contact your MD and let her know you would like some more ambien.

Customer:

ok

RickMD :

I think you will be OK.......already you have done one good thing in contacting me at JustAnswer to help you work through this problem. I hope you are starting to feel better nwo.

RickMD :

now.

Customer:

yes just very very tired

RickMD :

Ok. Well, climb into bed, get comfy, maybe turn on the TV with the room lights on low, or pick up book and just let calmness flow around you. It may take some time, but I bet you will get some sleep. And remember. If you don't get some right away, don't panic! Everything will be ok.

Customer:

ok

RickMD :

As a matter of fact, if there is a clock in the room, turn it off or cover it so you don't keep looking at it :-)

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

i wlll do that

RickMD :

Excellent. Good night, then.

RickMD :

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

Customer:

good night take care thank you

RickMD :

I'm glad I could be of some help. Take care.

It was a pleasure to help. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Have a great day.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC