Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I was with a girl two weeks ago,she was positive i did not

Customer Question

I was with a girl two weeks ago,she was positive i did not know.. We never had intercourse but i rubbed my penis against her vagina and even tried penetrating but on every instance my penis would loose rigidity. But I had contact with her wet vaginal lips,is it possible i am with the virus?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and available to assist you today.
The risk for catching HIV is given as one in 2,500 sexual encounters with a highly infected individual. What you have reported is much, much, much less risky then that.

What is my take home message? I do not believe that you have to worry about catching HIV from this experience. Of course, if you are worried, I'd get an HIV test about 12 weeks after the exposure.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much. I am glad you gave me that answer.. Sorry to bother you any further.. I initially wanted to have sex with her but due to the poor erection that wanted to save me from it, I didnt.. But I rubbed my penis hole against her wet vaginal lips.. Does this counts me out from the virus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
While it doesn't count you out it sure puts your risk in the extremely low category.

I guess this was an excellent time for your penis to get a case of the shyness, eh? :-)

Hopefully you will be able to chalk this event up to a good learning experience and move along with your life.....

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you. Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good evening indeed to you too.. Pls be more direct.. What are my chances of being infected in %.. She is on antiretroviral drugs
It is difficult to pick a number as the data for a sexual encounter like the one you have had is not really available.

I would guess, if pressed, that your risk is about one chance in 25,000 of having been infected....very low indeed.