Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a question about changing primary care physicians. I

Customer Question

I had a question about changing primary care physicians. I went to one family doctor and had my physical. He was very nice and everything came back normal. However, I was not comfortable with him. He did prescribe me medicine for my anxciety disorder, but I felt when I described my physical symptoms he felt it was all related to my anxiety.

Since being put on the medication my physical symptoms have only gotten worse. I found another family doctor closer to my work and home. Who also can accomodate my work scchedule. It is uncommon for people to change primary physicians?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

It is common for people to change primary care doctors and there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Customer:

Thank you for letting me know. I did not know how common it was. I have a PPO insurance so I can go to any doctor I choose on the plan

RickMD :

Even though a doctor may be an excellent clinician it doesn't mean that he is the right doctor for you.....

Customer:

Thanks