Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

Hi, what is a hip infusion? How does it develop and what

what is a hip infusion? How does it develop and what is the risk? I have a hernia in the left groin diagnosed.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Peter
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

Did you mean to say hip effusion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, yes it's a hip effusion.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the quick response.

How was it diagnosed? Meaning did you have a trauma or was it chronic pain for which an MRI revealed the effusion?

What are the other medical conditions already diagnosed for you and on what medication are you for them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was diagnosed with an MRI currently almost no pain. No medication. Light twinging pain in the abdomen.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience

The causes for joint effusion can be Sudden violent fall like in an accident, it can be due to bursitis, Osteoarthritis or tendinitis.

However, considering your age and the pattern of presentation this sounds most likely to be Bursitis (Tronchanteric bursitis)

A bursa is like a water filled balloon that is there to reduce the friction between the muscles and the joint during activity. However this bursae tends to get inflamed in people who are middle age or older and this inflammation causes the fluid accumulation leading to pain. However the pain is only more evident when the area is pressed.

The treatment for it is typical i.e. Rest, Ice and elevation. Your doctor may add NSAIDs. It should resolve in around 2 to 4 weeks.

If currently the pain is minimal that only means that the fluid effusion may even take lesser time to go back.

Hope This Helps

Regards
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just come s to my mind: I had a herpes zoster extending from the right buttock down to the back of the right knee and I still have some light "unsensitivity" feeling of the skin in that area.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

Yes Herpes can cause an altered sensation so you may not be getting the pain with a strong intensity however even if it takes time to resolve you still have time enough for its treatment before your surgery.

Hope This helps

If it does it would be kind of you to leave a positive feedback when prompted.

Regards
Dr MASK
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience: MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine