Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have pain in my chest every time I eat solid foods or drink

I have pain in my chest every time I eat solid foods or drink hot or cold beverages. At night it is difficult to sleep because of chest pain and rapid pulse..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that you are having odynophagia which is painful sawllowing indicative of moderate to severe esophagitis which can be due to persistent severe acid-reflux disease or GERD along with hiatus hernia. I will highly advise to discuss with your gastroenterologist for surgical procedure of fundoplication. It is also important to take proton pump inhibitors such as Tab. Nexium 40mg one tablet daily half hour before breakfast for four weeks initially. Also important to have fresh heart evaluation to investigate any recent heart disease. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been on nexium for almost 3 years for the esoph. issues...what would cause the continuation of the Chest pain? If it was my heart wouldn't I have issue with walking, going up and down stairs and other physical activities? What heart disease could cause these symptoms, but not restrict my physical activities? Thank you Rik
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
The chest pain is related with meals so it is most likely due to esophagitis (inflammation of food pipe) due to persistent acid-reflux or acid peptic disease induced complications. You need to discuss about fundoplication procedure with your gastroenterologist. Heart diseases such as heart arrhythmias, ischemic heart disease (angina) should be looked into to be on the safer side. Heart disease can restrict or limit physical activity but not always. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.