Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Ra-JR

Please graphically describe bunion surgery.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

This about as graphic as I can make it for you:

RickMD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I_JQy2qFVM

RickMD :

Cadaver bone is not always necessary.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Hi. Welcome to chat.

JACUSTOMER-ntmgi6go- :

RickMD, are you an Orthopedist?

RickMD :

Nope....I'm a surgeon though and have assisted in this procedure in the past, albeit some time ago. Also, my wife had this surgery done on both feet about a year ago.....

JACUSTOMER-ntmgi6go- :

Okay, I'll watch the youtube video. Then, how do I get back to you with questions?

RickMD :

Here is another video that does an excellent job -- and it seems like a lot better job then your doc did -- in explaining everything you would ever need to know about bunion surgery:

RickMD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKOvYMbvf0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

RickMD :

I'll switch over to Q&A and we can continue to talk there.

. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

JACUSTOMER-ntmgi6go- :

Again, okay - but how do I get back to you specifically as to my satisfaction or questions since you have assisted with this sort of operation and you wife's recovery experience?

RickMD :

Easily. Just post on this thread as you are, except it won't be in chat mode anymore, but Q&A mode...which is like chat but slower.....

RickMD :

I'll see you there after you view the videos :-)

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

I hope you found the videos helpful. I am still here if you would like to ask any further questions.
I see that you are now offline. Was my answer and link to the video's helpful for you? If so then...

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good Morning, "RickMD":
I tried to view the YouTube videos but was unable to access them. Can you not send a written description of bunion surgery?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In the last message I sent, I stated that I was unable to access the YouTube videos and requested that you send a written description of bunion surgery. I haven't received that although I got a text that you had responded. Where is my answer??? I'll give you credit for your answer when I get that answer. Again, the links to YouTube did not work so I DO NOT have any more information than I started with.
Sorry that you had problems viewing the youtube video. Did you get an error message of some sort when you tried to open it? Perhaps I can assist you in opening it as those two videos do a fantastic job of telling, and showing, you everything you would ever want to know about bunion surgery. When I copy and paste the link into my browser the videos open right up for me.....Let me know what errors you are getting and let's see what we can do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was finally able to view the YouTube videos - YUCK!! I believe I'll stick with Ibuprophen for awhile longer. Thanks.
Ya....it does look pretty bad on the video :)

Have a good day