Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Ra-JR

Customer Question

Please graphically describe bunion surgery.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

This about as graphic as I can make it for you:

RickMD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I_JQy2qFVM

RickMD :

Cadaver bone is not always necessary.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Hi. Welcome to chat.

Customer :

RickMD, are you an Orthopedist?

RickMD :

Nope....I'm a surgeon though and have assisted in this procedure in the past, albeit some time ago. Also, my wife had this surgery done on both feet about a year ago.....

Customer :

Okay, I'll watch the youtube video. Then, how do I get back to you with questions?

RickMD :

Here is another video that does an excellent job -- and it seems like a lot better job then your doc did -- in explaining everything you would ever need to know about bunion surgery:

RickMD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKOvYMbvf0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

RickMD :

I'll switch over to Q&A and we can continue to talk there.

. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Customer :

Again, okay - but how do I get back to you specifically as to my satisfaction or questions since you have assisted with this sort of operation and you wife's recovery experience?

RickMD :

Easily. Just post on this thread as you are, except it won't be in chat mode anymore, but Q&A mode...which is like chat but slower.....

RickMD :

I'll see you there after you view the videos :-)

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
I hope you found the videos helpful. I am still here if you would like to ask any further questions.
I see that you are now offline. Was my answer and link to the video's helpful for you? If so then...

It was a pleasure to assist you with your question. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help you in the future. Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, "RickMD":
I tried to view the YouTube videos but was unable to access them. Can you not send a written description of bunion surgery?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the last message I sent, I stated that I was unable to access the YouTube videos and requested that you send a written description of bunion surgery. I haven't received that although I got a text that you had responded. Where is my answer??? I'll give you credit for your answer when I get that answer. Again, the links to YouTube did not work so I DO NOT have any more information than I started with.
Sorry that you had problems viewing the youtube video. Did you get an error message of some sort when you tried to open it? Perhaps I can assist you in opening it as those two videos do a fantastic job of telling, and showing, you everything you would ever want to know about bunion surgery. When I copy and paste the link into my browser the videos open right up for me.....Let me know what errors you are getting and let's see what we can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was finally able to view the YouTube videos - YUCK!! I believe I'll stick with Ibuprophen for awhile longer. Thanks.
Ya....it does look pretty bad on the video :)

Have a good day
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC