Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

i need to know what can i take that will make shit in minutes

i need to know what can i take that will make shit in minutes besides fleet liquid suppositories and fleet enema i have been taking ex lax every night and still cant shit . this started about 2 1/2 months and i have never had any problem before what is problem my husbund says its the icecream i eat every day
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 4 years ago.
Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
If you are 'addicted' to using daily enemas, then the treatment of choice would be to get in touch with a doctor with a gastroenterologist referral since we need to find the cause of such severe constipation, and get you on a proper program to treat the constipation, and not just symptoms as we are doing at present.
In the meantime, high dose of polyethylene glycol (2-3 packets) may be used for acute relief of constipation,
Please remember to accept the answer by pressing the GREEN accept button, do get back for any clarifications