Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

My husband burned his right foot with liquid natural gas..what are the best remedies with this kind of burn..i haven't seen it yet..he is still not home for me to look to see how bad it is..Can you give any advice?? Should he remove his shoe and sock or leave it on until he is back home?? LNG is -250 degrees below 0
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

Was he wearing any gloves or shoes at the time of contact with such low temperature gas?
which part of the body or skin had direct contact with it?
when did it happen and did he consult a doctor yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It happened several hours ago..No he has not had any medical assistance..He had on his tennis shoes,socks jeans, shirt ,gloves,hard hat with face shield and part of his body had direct contact with it..
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

The frost bite occurs in 3 stages based on the severity of injury and exposure.The frost nip, superficial frost bite and the deep frost bite.

The medical examination by doctor is required to know the severity of frost bite.You should put the exposed body part in the warm water to slowly rewarm the area.The dressing may be applied once the skin is warm.

The severe frost bite may cause blisters , tissue damage and needs to be treated with antibiotics and supportive care.If the tissue is damaged severely then amputation may be required of the effected limb.

Here is the link for more information

symptoms and treatment of frost bite

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you