Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have a sharp pulling pain on the right side of my stomach

I have a sharp pulling pain on the right side of my stomach just under the rib cage. I have been told I have a Fatty liver. I'm always nauseous, am bloated, have declined libido and generally not feeling well. Have lost weight and have a sallow colour to my skin. Please tell me who I should see about this. As it is affecting my work and marriage. Please help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

When did you develop sallow color? When did you see gastroenterologist? Was any blood test taken?How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Do you drink alcohol?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sallow colour - a few weeks ago. Saw gastroentroligist 2 years ago,. No specific blood test done. Not a drinker at all. Other symptoms, sometimes wake in the morning feeling nauseous, throw up gall.

Recently had a back injury - with herniated lower back disc, nerve was irritated. Specialist neurosurgeon did a Ryzotomy - (blocked the nerves) since then have not felt well at all.

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Are you overweight? Was any cause of fatty liver detected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am overweight, my diet is not good as well. Had to have an examination for an insurance policy a few years ago, Dr did a biopsy on the liver and outcome was Fatty liver. Nothing was done about it.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The pulling sensation in the right side of the abdomen can be from hepatitis or inflammation of the liver, muscle spasm, pinched nerve etc. Sometimes kidney or referred sensation from pleura can be felt. But when you have developed sallow color with loss of weight you need to rule out progression of fatty liver. You should take an evaluation by gastroenterologist again. You should have repeat ultrasonography, liver enzyme study & other blood tests, urine test etc

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.