Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

What does it mean when your arms go numb and fingers get a

What does it mean when your arms go numb and fingers get a tingly sensation
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which can give such symptoms like electrolyte imbalance, nutritional deficiency, disc disease in the back with nerve compression, neurological manifestations like transient ischemic attack. Also important to rule out hypoglycemia. If you have these symptoms right now and sudden onset then will highly advise to see your physician or preferably visit ER for complete early evaluation and tests such as blood sugar level, serum vitamin B12 level, x-ray back to rule out any thing serious. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ive never been diagnosed with any of the above illness. The only other symptom is that i feel thirsty and ive felt like this for past two days.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
I think you never have any such symptoms before as well. That's why with these symptoms important to have evaluation done to rule out possibilities mentioned above. I can feel that this can be due to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration as mentioned above. You can take fresh home made juices and keep yourself well hydrated. Evaluation by physician is a must along with few important tests to rule out serious possibilities. You should remember that these are not normal symptoms at all. Follow the guidelines which I gave and take healthy balanced diet, lots of fresh fruits and juices. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.