Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

occasional sharp pain under right breast it hurts if I take

occasional sharp pain under right breast it hurts if I take a deep breath, my back hurts in a small area in back of where the pain comes from. NO fever,chills,coughing, or coughing anything up. other than occasional sharp pain I feel fine. Possible gas pocket? took a Gas X last night before I went to bed, woke up and it felt better, but not completely gone. Happened to me once before after an Antipasta salad, but left in about 2 hours. This started after a meal of 2 hotdogs w/mustard and relish it didn't start right away about 5 hrs later.... Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JA. Thank you for your question. In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer the following?
Any other medical problems or medications?
Do you smoke? Alcohol? Drugs?
How long as this been going on?
Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also forgot to say: no alchohol
Do you have your gallbladder in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope was removed in 1980 along w/appendix
Any chest pain with exertion? Do you feel any pressure in your chest? Any leg pain or swelling?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no chest pain, no pressure unless I take an intake of breath, then only sharp pain which makes it painful to breath. I would not call it pressure . No leg pain.
Thanks
Well, this could be one of a few possibilities.
This could be gas, seeing that it got better with the gas-x
This could be reflux- which can cause gas and abdominal pain and this does appear to be associated with food
This could be muscle spasm- as it is worse when you take a deep breath
This could be a blood clot in the lungs- less likely unless you have shortness of breath
This could be heart disease- unlikely because this is associated with breathing and you have no other symptoms.

This is what I would try-
I would take some mylanta or maalox for reflux. You can also take tylenol for pain of muscle spasm. Apply a warm compress to the area
If you do not notice some relief or if this starts getting worse, then I would see a physician today for evaluation to make sure that it is not one of the more concerning processes that I listed.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon

Warm regards.

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if this was helpful so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take Asiphex, isn't it for reflux? I take 1 everyday.
I have shortness of breath because I'm afraid to breath too deeply. Possible Blood clot in lungs concerns me.
Ah. I was not aware of the shortness of breath. Then, I would agree with you- the blood clot concerns me too.
As an ER doctor, I would have to recommend that you go to the ER for treatment and evaluation. You need to have a chest xray and a ddimer test (blood test for blood clot).
If this is normal, they can give you alternate mediations.
Aciphex is for reflux- I did not see it listed on your medication list, sorry about that.

Take care... I hope this helps. But I would get checked out in the ER just for reassurance at the very least

Warm regards.

Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing