DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have a long loopy bowel and i take physillium husk with plenty

I have a long loopy bowel and i take physillium husk with plenty of water but it is not enough what else can i take with the husk to help me , i have colonic irragation now and again but it takes a long time to go around my colon is this safe by the way ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Psyilllium is often not enough in variety for colon health.

With this condition you want a variety of soluble fiber, not too much insoluble fiber.
So daily have
stewed fruit
oat bran
cooked and ground flax
peeled apples
pealed and steamed veggies...2 types each meal

Avoid peels and uncooked plant foods.
Use probiotics.
A product called Colon care by Twin lab has psyllium and pre biotics..which adds an important dimension.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I eat prunes and i have linseed in my porrage you never said if colonic irragation is safe ?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
It is probably safe
But of questionable benefit.
And has not shown to be of benefit in any trails or studies.