Coachrobmd
Coachrobmd, Internal Medicine MD
Experience:  •Fmr. Dir. Hep. C Clinic. •Fmr. Dir. Head Trauma Rehab Ctr.
66242556

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FOR CRESTOR TO LEAVE THE BODY

Category: Medical
Expert:  Coachrobmd replied 2 years ago.

Coachrobmd :

Hi, I'm Doctor Robert, a Medical Internist (MD) who deals with diseases of all organ systems. All my education has been completed in the US.

Coachrobmd :

Are you there?

Coachrobmd :

Yes or No?

Customer:

yes

Coachrobmd :

Realize this please: I am limited to the information that I read on your posts, as I can't see, talk to, or touch you. I can only give you my approach to the evaluation of your symptoms if you were in my office. That puts me at a disadvantage compared to your doctor who can touch you. This is the nature/limitation of medical advising across the internet. If you will only consider ACCEPTING my advice (and compensating me for my time) if: 1) I provide an EXACT diagnosis and 2) a DEFINITIVE treatment plan (including specific medications and doses), then I cannot help you in this internet chat format. So, if you want me to advise you, type “YES”. If you type “NO”, I’ll opt out and let another expert (who also cannot see you) give it a try. So, shall we work together now, Yes or No?

Customer:

yes

Coachrobmd :

Give me about two minutes so I can consult a medical textbook for a piece of information to assist you. Don't leave because I'll be right back...

Coachrobmd :

Crestor is absorbed from the GI tract very well. Most of it circulates bound to proteins in the blood, and thats how its delivered to the tissues. Let me continue please.

Coachrobmd :

It is metabolized in the liver as is all the statin drugs.

Coachrobmd :

For crestor, the 1/2 life in the body is listed as about 20 hours.

Coachrobmd :

So, if we triple that, that is about roughly how long it takes to become insignificant in the blood.

Coachrobmd :

that means in about three days, it's gone. Does this make sense?

Customer:

yeah

Coachrobmd :

So, why do you ask this question?

Customer:

thinking about stopping on 10 mg

Coachrobmd :

What do you mean STOPPING ON 10 mg? Stopping taking it?

Customer:

stop taking it (thats the dose I am on)

Coachrobmd :

Have you discussed this with your doctor? and are you on another medication for high cholesterol in its place?

Customer:

no - have not discussed with doctor and no other medication

Coachrobmd :

So why stop it if its keeping your cholesterol uder control?

Coachrobmd :

that's UNDER control..

Customer:

been losing weight and exercising trying to get off medications

Coachrobmd :

Well, you're an adult and that's your choice. Who am I to tell you differently.

Coachrobmd :

Any other questions I can answer for you today?

Customer:

how long does it take for lunesta to leave your body

Coachrobmd :

That's a very good question. Give me about two minutes so I can consult a medical textbook for a piece of information to assist you. Don't leave because I'll be right back...

Coachrobmd :

It takes about two days. I found that in a reference source.

Coachrobmd :

Coachrobmd :

Are you still there?

Coachrobmd :

Hello?

Customer:

yes

Coachrobmd :

Customer:

yes how long does lisiniprol (blood pressure medicine to leave your body)

Coachrobmd :

lisinopril is gone in less than 36 hours. I am on that medicine myself. Great drug.

Coachrobmd :

Coachrobmd :

Your question was about Crestor. Do you want me to give this information for ALL your drugs?

Coachrobmd :

Please stay with me so I can help you better.

Customer:

yes

Coachrobmd :

What is the other question?

Customer:

no more

Customer:

thanks

Coachrobmd :

Are you satisfied with all my advice today? Yes or No?

Coachrobmd :

If you found this information useful, please click ACCEPT (and provide positive feedback which is FREE) in that case so that I may receive payment for assisting you today. Thanks!

Coachrobmd :

Clicking ACCEPT would be most appreciated. It is how I can afford to stay on JA.com and help others in need (for many this is their ONLY way to get medical advice due to no insurance or other problems).

Coachrobmd :

To get me in the future, you must type FOR COACHROBMD ONLY in the SUBJECT line. That way other experts won't answer it unless I'm away for a day or two.

Customer:

yes but are you a real MD of a person that just looks up stuff

Coachrobmd :

I am a Medical Internist (MD) trained in diseases of adults. I completed my undergraduate studies at an Ivy league school (where I graduated Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude), went to a top-10 medical school, and did my medicine residency at the Penn. State Univ. Medical Center. I was board-certified in two specialties.

Coachrobmd :

Is that adequate?

Coachrobmd :

Nobody memorizes all 100,000 medications in the US formulary. That's why they have books to look it up in.

Coachrobmd :

You have to be a doctor to be an expert on this medical site, by the way

Customer:

so like what are doing here - just asking . . .

Coachrobmd :

That's fine.

Coachrobmd :

Anything else?

Coachrobmd :

I'm here to help customers with medical issues. People like you.

Customer:

kinda cool service if its all legit - thanks appreciate it -

Coachrobmd :

No problem.

Coachrobmd :

Clicking ACCEPT would be most appreciated.

Coachrobmd :

And it is legit.

Coachrobmd, Internal Medicine MD
Experience: •Fmr. Dir. Hep. C Clinic. •Fmr. Dir. Head Trauma Rehab Ctr.