khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

My husband is uncircumcised and sex has become painful for

My husband is uncircumcised and sex has become painful for him. He gets abrasions and tears around the top of the foreskin. I am not sure where to start in helping him.
He should see a urologist to have circumcision. Adult circumcision takes about one hour. The circumcision generally heals in five to seven days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the quick response. He is very nervous about surgery, so he would like to know if there are any other options beside that route out there for this issue. This has been an ongoing problem for about a year.
Unfortunately I think there are no other options and no other possibilities to cause the problem.

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

I had balanitis due to no circumcision in adolescence and had a surgery. The surgery is not painful & easy and I recovered with no complications.
He doesn't need to worry about the surgery too much.