Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

My throat hurts only on one side and also have bumps in the

My throat hurts only on one side and also have bumps in the back of my tongue looks like in a V-shape. Want to know what it can be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Does your throat hurt during swallowing?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Fever?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It hurts a some what when I swallo and I just woke up today feeling these symptoms. I dont have a fever or have I gone for any test.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
The symptoms you are having are suggestive of sore throat.Although most of sore throats are caused by viral infections.Another possibility that this infection can be due to bacterial like strep throat.It is the most common bacterial cause of sore throat.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.The bumps in back of tongue can be enlarged papillae also because of this infection.

Strep can not be accurately diagnosed by looking at the throat alone. It requires a laboratory test.A throat swab or a rapid test is required to rule out/diagnose strep infection.Sore throat caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within one week with no complications.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is I advice you to wait & watch your symptoms over next 5-7 days.It will get clear of its own.If still the symptoms persists,after 7 days,then you need to consult your doctor for examination & tests.Antibiotics may then be prescribed accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for my work & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David