Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

when did we find out humans have differnt types of blood? also

when did we find out humans have differnt types of blood? also I thought I read that rear & types a & b are newer in human race & are for modern diets such as o types are older & should eat meat , as a& b typs develpod later in history & are vegataren & lactose tolarent
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 2 years ago.

MD Doc :

Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

MD Doc :

Ok

MD Doc :

so these are a lot of questions, that are only partially related,

MD Doc :

I would try to answer them, but would request that you consider paying a bit more if possible,

MD Doc :

The ABO blood group system is widely credited to have been discovered by the Austrian scientist Karl Landsteiner, who found three different blood types in 1900 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1930 for his work.

MD Doc :

The Rhesus system is named after the Rhesus Macaque, following experiments by Karl Landsteiner and Alexander S. Wiener, which showed that rabbits, when immunized with rhesus monkey red cells, produce an antibody that also agglutinates the red blood cells of many humans. Landsteiner and Alexander S. Wiener discovered this factor in 1937 (publishing in 1940).

Customer:

I dont have to much $

MD Doc :

:)

Customer:

is a& b a more modern blood?

Customer:

I saw on discorvy channel humans have genetc changes every 20,000 years

MD Doc :

As far as the diet is concerned, there is no strong scientific evidence that convincingly proves that a particular diet works better for a particular blood group

Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 2 years ago.
Some evolutionary biologists theorize that the IA allele (blood group A) evolved earliest, followed by O (by the deletion of a single nucleotide, shifting the reading frame) and then IB.[citation needed] This chronology accounts for the percentage of people worldwide with each blood type. It is consistent with the accepted patterns of early population movements and varying prevalent blood types in different parts of the world: for instance, B is very common in populations of Asian descent, but rare in ones of Western European descent. Another theory states that there are four main lineages of the ABO gene and that mutations creating type O have occurred at least three times in humans. From oldest to youngest, these lineages comprise the following alleles: A101/A201/O09, B101, O02 and O01. The continued presence of the O alleles is hypothesized to be the result of balancing selection. Both theories contradict the previously held theory that type O blood evolved earliest.
Source
Calafell, Francesc; et al. (September 2008). "Evolutionary dynamics of the human ABO gene". Human Genetics 124 (2): 123–135. doi:10.1007/s00439-008-0530-8. PMID 18629539. Retrieved 2008-09-24. - taken from wikipedia
So the bottom line is that we are not really sure, as to how it goes, and research is still going on in this regard,
let me know if you need more inputs