DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For 2 days I have hade bright red blood in my stool and on

For 2 days I have hade bright red blood in my stool and on the toliet paper what could that be
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for asking

Do you have constipation

Are you experiencing pain while passing stools?

Is the blood only on toilet paper or is it also mixed with stools?

Any other symptom?

Any other medical problem or medicines you are taking?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no constipation, no pain when i pass stool blood in the stool and on the toliet paper no other symptoms no pain I dont take any other medicine
Thanks for the information

If you have this problem for the last two days and there is no pain on passing stools,no constipation and no pain abdomen there could be few possibilities.

It can be related to hemmorhoids,first episode of inflammatory bowel disease or intestinal polyp etc.Usually in case of constipation the stool is not mixed with blood and there is just a dark red or maroon color blood on toilet paper and sometime over the surface of stools but as i said not mixed with it.With your age it could be a first episode of inflammatory bowel disease as well.Intestinal polyps can also give rise to such symptoms.There are still other causes of bleeding like diverticular disease,atriovenous malformation and malignant neoplasm of the intestine(usually advanced age with long standing history and associated weight loss and anorexia).In my view if the bleeding is quite severe then you should have an urgent evaluation including a digital rectal examination and further investigations based on the initial evaluation.

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Click ACCEPT if you have got the answer so that i may be credited for my work please

Regards

DR EK