Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

Is vegetable oil safe to use as a lubricant during sex?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.

Yes, vegetable oil is safe to use as a lubricant during sex. But if you are planning on getting pregnant, it will be better not to use it.

You can also use baby oil or petroleum jelly (vaseline).

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MBBS.MD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, I already accepted your answer and made payment. But, I started thinking and have one more question relating to this. Can I still reply without another fee?
If the question is relating to the same question, you can ask one more question without a fee. But if it s about a different topic, you will need to post it as a different question,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks. My question is relating to the same topic. Is it safe to use on a regular basis? Use as a replacement for otc products like ky jelly? What are some of the possible side effects, if any? Any postive aspects to using vegetable oil?
es, it is safe to use on a regular basis instead of products like KY jelly. If you are not allergic to the oil then there are no side effects. And the only positive effect is that it can decrease the risks of getting pregnant to some extent although it cannot be relied on as a contraceptive - you will need to use some other method of birth control together with it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for all you help. I do accept your answers and appreciate them. Hpwever, the website is asking me to pay again and I was told I wouldn't have to as long as it was relating to the same question...so I'm not going to hit accept until I communicate with customer service. Thank you again.
You are welcome.