dr prabir kumar das
Experience:  MBBS,MD
15221770
Medical

Testosterone Injection in Vein

I am new to testosterone... Show More
I am new to testosterone injections. I'm 48 yo 5'10 and 225 LBS. I inject 1 ML of 200mg/ml testosterone every two weeks. I inject in my upper/outer thigh. Today I forgot to draw back on the needle after I inserted it in my leg. After the injection I kind of had a funny taste in my mouth. I'm worried I may have injected this in a vein. What would happen if I did?
Category: Medical
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
replied 4 years ago.

Dr.tiwari :

Dr.tiwari :

Welcome at JA.

Dr.tiwari :

The testosterone injection is given intramuscularly because this comes in oily preparation.

Dr.tiwari :

If accidently you have injected in vessel then please check it with your doctor.

Dr.tiwari :

This may act as an embolus & may some time block the circulation at some part of body.

Dr.tiwari :

Although this does not happen always.

Dr.tiwari :

You should be watchful for weakness ,loss of sensation or abnormal sensation in any part of body.

Dr.tiwari :

If this happens then you should consult to your doctor & should have investigations like MRI.

Dr.tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Dr.tiwari :

With best wishes.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Nothing came through on the answer.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I can't check with my Doctor he is out of town until a week from Monday that's why I am on here. Are there dangers to my health if it was injected into the vein?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Is there any immediate danger to me
Camille-Mod,
replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Hi Camile. I would love an answer from a different doctor. Thank you. Jeff
Camille-Mod, replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jeff, thank you:-) Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
replied 4 years ago.
Hi
How long before you injected?
Is thee any problem other than change of taste?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
It was about an hour ago and the taste I'd now gone
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Testosterone preparations like testosterone cypionate and testosterone enanthate are oil-based products. If the preparation is accidentally injected into a blood vessel instead of the muscle, it can go through the bloodstream to the lungs and cause a prolonged cough or respiratory distress.So if you are not having with any respiratory distress or continuous cough,feeling of heaviness in the chest or any discomfort in the chest ,probably the injection was given intramuscular.
Change of taste or funny test is a minor side effect of testosterone taking orally or injection.It is not related whether the drug was taken im or iv.
Already one hour passed and you are not having with any chest problem ,so don't worry.
If you are satisfied with your answer, please click accept. We are not paid for our time or advice from your deposit until you do so. If you have more questions or any doubt regarding this topic, please ask. I am here for you to answer all of your questions.Bonuses and feedback are appreciated. Dr Prabir Kumar Das.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much
Welcome.
DR P K DAS