Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

hey, 6 months ago i started bloating really bad, i developed

Customer Question

hey, 6 months ago i started bloating really bad, i developed acid reflux, i've been getting sharp pains on my back left side and all along my right side. i went into a dr he treated me for a urinary track infection, gave me IBS pills and sent me home i went back 2 weeks later and he gave me ulcer pills and sent me home, 3 weeks later unhappy with the way he kept sending me home i made an appointment with the OB GYN dr and got tested for everything she could think of. this came back clean, a month ago i started with a new dr she checked for gallstones... the ultra sound was clean, she then got a urine test that was clean of everything but had a bit of blood and extra white blood cells. this last week i wound up in the emergency room with a urinary track infection, they gave me pain meds and something for the nausia. i had a ct scan wenesday and it came back clean. i cant eat fatty foods without instant diareah. can you think of something they may have missed?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 2 years ago.

MD Doc :

Hello & welcome to Just Answer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

MD Doc :

I am sorry to hear about your multiple problems,

MD Doc :

Guess you have been having a real bad time medically speaking,

MD Doc :

Here are a couple of things that I would recommend being checked out for,

MD Doc :

Gall bladder disease & pancreatitis are things that come to mind

MD Doc :

serum lipase and amylase levels are something that may be need to be checked,

MD Doc :

Please remember to accept the answer by pressing the GREEN accept button, do get back for any clarifications

Customer:

i know my amylase levels are fine but i am unsure as to what a serum lipase is or if it was checked the only thing anyone's has discovered with any of the blood tests I've gone through that appears abnormal is my cholesterol is higher than average. I'm beginning to wonder if this is not all a manifestation of anxiety, or a development of glutton allergies.

Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

you can get tested for glutten allergy and put that to rest. if there is no glutten allergy, then you could have irritable bowels aggrevated by fatty foods. hopefully you wont continue to get urinary tract infections. drinking plenty of water and occational cranberry juice can help keep your kidneys flushed and decrease changes of urine infection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IBS medication does very little, just releaving some of the gas, and 3 tiny andy's mints before bed will have me up at 3 am in and out of the bathroom!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see, well, you will need to consult a GI doctor and get a colonoscopy and biopsy of your colon. you could have inflammatory bowel disease which is different than irritable bowel disease and you might need stronger medications to control your bowel issues.