Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

My husband has pus leaking from his penis and he says he has

My husband has pus leaking from his penis and he says he has a dull pain in the area of his testicles.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Sohaib :

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. You need to answer a few questions which will help me assist you in a better way.

Dr. Sohaib :

Since how long is he having this problem?

Dr. Sohaib :

Have they started any treatment?

Dr. Sohaib :

Write down your Response and Use Reply Button.

Customer : He has had this problem for about 1month
Customer : No treatment
Dr. Sohaib :

When were the tests taken?

Dr. Sohaib :

Still waiting for the reports?

Customer : Cotton all swab urine test
Dr. Sohaib :

But the final report of the test is still awaited, isnt it?

Customer : Yes,I just want an idea of what to expect and if it is possibly life threatening or could be I know that it is probably not good..
Dr. Sohaib :

Allright. Thanks for the valuable input. Well this is a symptom of urethritis (infection and inflammation of the urethra), which may extend upwrad to involve other parts of the genital tract as well, such as tests and other structures around it. Most of these infections are usually sexually acquired caused by a bacteria gonococcus, or at times other bacteria (non-gonococcal infections). The tests have been taken which is the right step to exactly identify the organism responsible for the infection; and this will also help find the antibiotic which will work best against the causative bug. Usually this is treated by means of single injection of ceftriaxone, or oral dose of cefixime, ciprofloxacin, Azithromycin.

Dr. Sohaib :

No, at this point i wont say that this is life threatening; as this is a fairly common problem encountered by many people.

Dr. Sohaib :

And very much treatable.

Dr. Sohaib :

However, i would emphasize here to get an earliest possible consultation with your doctor so that the treatment is initiated (many a times emperically while awaiting the results).

Dr. Sohaib :

Left untreated for long, a simple infection may cause complications.

Customer : Thank-You that does make me feel a little better ,is this also a sign of an std
Dr. Sohaib :

Yes, this can be STD as i mentioned in my response earlier.

Dr. Sohaib :

Drink fluids to dilute your urine. This will lessen the pain you feel when urinating.

Customer : Is this also a symptom of a STD
Dr. Sohaib :

Yes this can be.

Dr. Sohaib :

But can be treated effectively as i mentioned earlier.

Dr. Sohaib :

So stay relaxed.

Dr. Sohaib :

But try to get back to your doctor ASAP.

Dr. Sohaib :

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Customer : Is this also a symptom of an STD
Dr. Sohaib :

Hello.

Dr. Sohaib :

I think you did not get my last post. YES, this can be STD.

Dr. Sohaib :

And can be cured effectively by the antibiotics i mentioned.

Dr. Sohaib :

Kindest Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.

Dr. Sohaib :

Yes.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

Yes, this can be an STD and can be treated; you just need to get the treatment started by your doctor.

Kindest Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.