Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I ABUSED DIURETICS FOR A LONG TIME AND I DECIDED TO QUIT AND

I ABUSED DIURETICS FOR A LONG TIME AND I DECIDED TO QUIT AND NOW I AM VERY BLOATED AND MY FEET AND LEGS ARE SWOLLEN. I NEED ADVISE PLEASE
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hello

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

First of all, you need to restrict water intake as it will worsen bloating.

Mysticdoc :

You should not drink more than 1000-1500 ml fluids.

Mysticdoc :

You can try natural supplement to help with bloating.

Mysticdoc :

You should avoid milk and dairy products like cheese etc.

They cause bloating

You can consider avoiding wheat related products as well later if there is no improvement with dairy elimination.

Your diet should contain moderate amount of dietary fibers.

Initially you should cook your vegetables well to make the fibers soluble for easy digestion.

Avoid meat, fish, chicken, eggs.

No animal products.

You can have plant proteins, like tofu, tempeh, lentils, rice etc.

Avoid nuts, seeds, beans, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower.

Also avoid sweets, cake, dessert, ice cream, caffeine as they worsen acid reflux and bloating symptoms.

Add Dill weed powder and caraway seeds to your food every time.

Try aloe vera 1/4 cup + pomegranate juice 1/2 cup every morning-- helps digestion.

Also try Dandelion tea 1-2 cups daily, white bean hummus—they help to prevent bloating.

Also take 2 cloves of garlic daily, wormwood tea 1 cup daily, papaya seed and honey mixture daily to prevent bloating and gas.

These changes will help in improving your symptoms in next few months.

You can take Methylcellulose supplement like Citrucel 2 table spoon full in a glass of water daily to make sure you have smooth bowel movement.

A shot of sesame oil daily prevents constipation.

Also consider taking a probiotic daily.

Phillip's Colon Health is a good probiotic and helps in improving colon health.

Also take activated charcoal supplements daily and drink 1 cup of peppermint tea in the morning and evening daily to prevent acid reflux.

Aloe vera juice, chewing gum daily will prevent acid reflux as well.

Best wishes,

Mysticdoc :

Please click ACCEPT button and leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK, if you do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please ask for Mysticdoc for your future questions. Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer:

I AM REALLY SCARED ABOUT THE SWELLING OF MY ANKLES, I AM REALLY WORRIED PLEASE DO YOU THI K

Mysticdoc :

Start the above regimen --the swelling will improve.

Customer:

THINK THAT SOMETHING REALLY WRONG IS HAPPENNING?

Mysticdoc :

Wear compression stockings during walking.

Mysticdoc :

You can get your heart and kidneys checked.

Mysticdoc :

If they are normal, nothing to worry about.

Customer:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF AFTER ABUSING DIURETICS IS NORMAL TO GET BLOATED WHEN YOU STOP USING THEM

Mysticdoc :

yes it is normal response.

Mysticdoc :

and you should not panic

Mysticdoc :

that does not help.

Mysticdoc :

give your body some time to return to normal.

Mysticdoc :

follow the above advice --your body will recover well.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Mysticdoc :

Customer:

I GOT CHECKED LAST WEEK BECAUSE I HAD DIARREA BAD AND MY DOCTOR ADVISE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO GET SOME POTASIUM BECAUSE MY LEVEL WAS A LITTLE LOW. SO I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND THEY GAVE ME SAILING AND POTASIUM UNTIL MY BLOOD WORK CAME NORMAL.AFTER LEAVING THE HOSPITAL MY DOCTOR ORDERED BLOOD WORK AND THE RESULTS WERE NORMAL.

Mysticdoc :

Ok that sounds good.

Mysticdoc :

So there is nothing to be worried about.

Mysticdoc :

Star with the above advice.

Mysticdoc :

Especially start taking Dandelion teat 2 cups daily.

Mysticdoc :

Dandelion will help eliminating excess water in the body.

Customer:

BUT NOW THIS IS MY TENTH DAY WITHOUT ANY DIURETIC AND I FEEL TERRIFIED BECAUSE MY ANKLES ARE VERY PUFFY AND THE LEFT ONE IS A LITTLE MORE THAN THE RIGHT ONE. I QUIT DIURETICS FOR GOOD I WANT TO BE HEALTHY BUT I AM VERY SCARED

Mysticdoc :

Start Dandelion tea

Mysticdoc :

And follow my advice.

Mysticdoc :

You have not done that yet.

Mysticdoc :

you will see difference in next 2 weeks.

Customer:

ARE YOU SURE THAT WILL HELP? WHAT HAPPENED THAT I TRIED YESTERDAY DANDELION ROOTH TEA AND I DID NOT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Mysticdoc :

Yes that will.

Mysticdoc :

You need to follow the advice in whole not just dandelion tea

Mysticdoc :

and you just tried once.

Mysticdoc :

that does not make any difference

Mysticdoc :

Please be patient and you will see gradual improvement.

Mysticdoc :

Have faith in yourself.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Customer:

HOW LONG WILL TAKE TO HAVE RELIEF FROM THE SWELLING

Mysticdoc :

2 weeks at least

Mysticdoc :

remember restric fluids to not more than 1000 ml daily.

Customer:

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MY BODY WILL RECOVER?

Mysticdoc :

yes I do .

Mysticdoc :

And you should also.

Customer:

OK. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU IN THE FUTURE?

Mysticdoc :

Once you click ACCEPT you can come back to this thread.

Mysticdoc :

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD