Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I currently have COPD late stage, age is 65 all my other organs

I currently have COPD late stage, age is 65 all my other organs are OK. I don't smoke and only 1 glass of red wine a night what of my odds of getting approved for a lung transplant. I realize that this might just a guess.
Thank you for your question:

Have you talked to your physicians about lung transplant?

Are you currently on oxygen?

Do you know the results of your pulmonary function tests (FEV1 or FVC)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not talked to my Physician Pulmanologis I have mentioned it to my Cardo Doc he thinks it would be a golod idea. I will be going througha Adult Stem cell procdured in early May if that doesn't work then I will approach my Pulmanlogist about a transplant . Yes I'm on O2 3 to 4 Liters I use O2 at night and when I walk around I have 35% of my breath capacity left.
Is the stem cell treatment being done as part of a clinical trial?

Where are you being treated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No its a clinic in Phoenix AZ called Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center the doc's have had fair resukts in the past
I am familiar with this particular clinic and the claims that they make. Despite their fancy website, this type of "treatment" is something that can only be considered experimental. It is NOT a treatment that is scientifically proved safe or effective. I have never, and would not at this time, refer any of my personal patients to this clinic.

I believe that you would be much better served by discussing the option of a transplant evaluation with your pulmonologist rather than this unproven treatment. There is however no way for any of the expert on this site to give you a real answer to how likely you would be accepted, since we don't have you complete medical history and can't examine you.