Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hi i am struggling with left sided headache and earache left

Hi i am struggling with left sided headache and earache left side for almost 6months. Another symptom is my ears feel clogged and pressure in my head. I had ct scan done 5 months back came back normal, was treated for tmj by ent after my ear examination and hearing was perfectly normal. Its not tmj because i still have this weird symptoms. I was also send for ultrasound over parotis gland etc also came back normal. My ent wanted to sent me for mri but i am 10weeks pregnant now and radiologist suggested rather doing mri at 20weeks. Also was treated for migraines a while back by neurologist with topomax and tripteline but also did'nt help. I am paranoid and worried can it be something serious. Izzy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

I am an ENT doc and wants to help you .

Do you have ear ringing , nasal obstruction , fluid trickling in throat, swollen lymph nodes in neck, difficulty swallowing or hoarse voice ?

Does that ear pain comes like a current or is dull pain present all the time ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
At a stage there was ringing but gone now. Sometimes nasal dripping in throat but no other symptoms. The earpain comes and go during day as well as headache. But the head pressure and clogged ears almost constant. My ear feels blocked like after flying. The earache feels deep in my ear canal. And sometimes the pain is behind my left eye also. And i can feel sometimes tingling sensatiom left side of face. I've heard scary things of aneurysms and things but i know my ct was clear. Its not nice to feel like this 24/7. Thnx so much
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your input and sorry for a bit delay because of being offline.

There can be many causes for these symptoms but since your CT scan was clear many of them have been ruled out already. I could have thought of rhinosinusitis with otitis media and effusion, mass lesion in nasopharynx or brain etc but CT scan was normal there is nothing to worry.

Now its a possibility that headache and clogged ears might not be related. Headache can be migraine and clogged ears can be due to eustachian tube dysfunction. You should get a tympanometery test to see if your eustachian tubes are working normally.

As far as your question about all this is concerned , i would like to assure you being ENT and Head & neck surgeon that your symptoms are not at all consistent with anything serious. Aneurysms never present like this and cancers which is causing these symptoms should be extensive enough to be visible on CT scan so there is nothing to worry at all, i assure you of that.

You can wait for 10 weeks more and can get your MRI and hopefully things will be more clear. However donot stress yourself for anything dangerous.

I wish you good luck that you get well soon.

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

please click accept if i have answered your question

DR Hasan