Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS

small stools consiting of round, hard balls clumped together--cause

small stools consiting of round, hard balls clumped together--cause for alarm? alternating constipation/diahhrea symptoms also
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Ever colonoscopy done?
Ever blood in stool?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no tests--symptoms about one month--no blood in stool--colonoscopy clear 7 yrs ago
Expert:  Dr.David replied 4 years ago.
Changes in bowel habits can have many causes.Small stools consisting of round, hard balls clumped together are common symptoms of constipation. The changes may simply be related to lack of fiber or water in the diet.

Changes in bowel habits can have many causes ranging from the not-so-serious to the very serious.This can be due to inflammatory bowel disease(IBD) or colon cancer.

It would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.I hope you understand.

The symptoms you are having should not be ignored.You need:stool test,ultrasound of abdomen,repeat colonoscopy, endoscopy,EGD,barium meal studies & barium follow through tests are required.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an early appointment with your gastro doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for my work & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.