khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

What are my odds of contracting gonorrhea or chlamydia from

Customer Question

What are my odds of contracting gonorrhea or chlamydia from a 1 time sexual act. I received a blow job without a condom for about 5 minutes and had intercourse with a condom on. Basically I am wondering what the odds are that I would contract something via getting a blowjob. The girl said she was clean before and after (I asked several times) and I do not have any symptoms (its been 12 days). I have never had gonorrhea or chlamydia or any other std for that matter. Just a bit nervous because I know this girl gets around..I will most likely get tested asap for peace of mind so how long should I wait before I get tested or can I get tested now and it be accurate?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
If you had a condom on, it is unlikely you get gonorrhea or chlamydia. However, there is a small possibility to get genital herpes if she has it. It is often dormant. She may not think she has it.
With oral sex, you could get genital herpes if she has had cold sores. It is also often dormant. She may not think she has it. If you don't have any cuts on the penis, it is unlikely you get other STD such as HIV, hepatitis with oral sex.
Early antibodies for herpes, HIV, and hepatitis will show up in the blood in 2 weeks after the exposure. You should take another tests in 6 months for sure even though the first test is negative.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont have any cuts or open sores.. i was mainly concered about the chances of contracting gonerrhea or chlamydia from getting a blowjob.. i know i was being safe wearing a condom during intercourse, im just concered about what i could have possibly contracted while she was giving me the blowjob unprotected..
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
If she has gonorrhea or chlamydia, they can be transmitted with oral sex. The swab test from the urethra can detect them in approximately 3 days after the exposure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they can be transmitted by her doing oral sex on me? my mouth never touched her genitals. only her mouth touched my genitals? is there still a risk?
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 years ago.
Although it is very rare that she has gonorrhea or chlamydia in the throat, it is possible.
Gonococcal infection usually follows mucosal contact during vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It also may be due to contact to mucosa by contaminated fingers or other objects.
The epidemiology of chlamydia revolves around sexual contact. Modes of transmission include oral or genital sex activities, hand-to-eye spread of infective genital secretions, and even direct ejaculate into the eye.