Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

How high can bloodsugar go before you pass out? i had 13-22

How high can bloodsugar go before you pass out? i had 13-22 4 hours after meal, is it bad? or can i just correct it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hello

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

There is no hard and fast rule.

Mysticdoc :

As long as your body can handle the high blodo sugar you will not pass out.

Mysticdoc :

Usually if the blood sugar goes above 22 (mmol) then there is high risk of passing out.

Mysticdoc :

But this may not be applicable for every one.

Mysticdoc :

If your blood sigar is runnig high, you have diabetes.

Mysticdoc :

And you should consider getting it treated with medications like insulin.

Customer:

how long time does it go until it's normalized, cause my blood sugar measurement made me use all the clips. If you at 90 pulse rate while resting how bad is it? I ate 300g lasagne and half a chips and been eating candy all week.

Mysticdoc :

90 heart rate is ok not bad as long as it is running below 100

Mysticdoc :

the normalization may take 6 to 8 hours

Customer:

i went out working out and i was back to 13(if at all the measurement was right).

Mysticdoc :

Drink plenty of water as it helps flushing out sugar

Mysticdoc :

still 13 is high

Mysticdoc :

the normal should not be above 6

Mysticdoc :

you should consider medications.

Customer:

yes done that, then i made a bread of eggs and low carb, but i also ate after 6 hours, and felt the sweat.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

avoid any sweets, candy, soda, fruit juice as they have high sugar load

Customer:

yes this is the one time this week i think or 2 since i did not workout a lot, cause liver/stomach went bad. previously i had too low but it was normal about 5,5 1-2 months ago.

Customer:

ya i had a drink of apple juice about 0,2 dl.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Customer:

really starting to get hungry, and still thirsty.

Mysticdoc :

this should normalize within 6 to 8 hours

Customer:

also i had cinnamon.

Mysticdoc :

that is a sign of high blood sugar

Customer:

yes it's been 6 hours since i ate, on exception of the sandwich i ate.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

keep on drinking water

Customer:

so about 4 i should be ok it's 1.33 now?

Mysticdoc :

yes likely

Mysticdoc :

sometimes it may take longer like 10 hours

Customer:

ya gonna drink a few bottles. i also took like 20 blood sugar things to test it but it failed badly.

Customer:

ya was fine until i ate the sandwich then i went up again i think.

Mysticdoc :

just keep on drinking water

Customer:

there is no reason to feel breastpain with high bloodsugar is it? but sweating is normal?

Mysticdoc :

you can have proteins only

Mysticdoc :

asweating is normal.

Mysticdoc :

The breast pain should not be due to high sugar

Customer:

yes atm i'm gonna put the bread in oven, i made it mostly proteins about 40g carbs in the bread.(goatcheese not sure about that one).

Mysticdoc :

goat cheese is fine

Mysticdoc :

avoid bread

Mysticdoc :

meat is ok also

Customer:

oh ya i made it with spelt and kruskakli and 2 eggs, then johannes thing and fibers, oil with butter.

Mysticdoc :

ok

Customer:

without any thing to make it bigger tho.

Customer:

not sure but i can't eat all the bread i guess, but if i get 5 g carbs will it make me bad?

Mysticdoc :

till your sugar is down best to avoid carb.

Mysticdoc :

whole wheat is fine

Mysticdoc :

dietary fiber is fine

Customer:

i just need to try avoid carbs the next few days to stop the sugar hunger. Oh yes i put whole wheat in it also. diet fiber.

Mysticdoc :

ok good

Customer:

and cinnamon as well, i heard it reduces blood sugar.

Mysticdoc :

also eat lot of cucumber.

Mysticdoc :

cucumber lowers sugar as well besides cinnamon

Customer:

oh yes i ate with the lasagna half one.

Customer:

oh well gonna try make a diet for this.

Mysticdoc :

ok good

Customer:

i want 160 g karbs or lower right?

Customer:

on all the meals?

Customer:

so from 30 to 45g is healthy pr meal.

Mysticdoc :

yes correct

Customer:

i might need partly lowcarb ya.

Mysticdoc :

yes correct

Customer:

thanks for help.

Mysticdoc :

very welcome

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Mysticdoc :

Please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and click ACCEPT button, if you do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please ask for Mysticdoc for your future questions. Type Mysticdoc in the question title or ask question from my profile. Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD