Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

The front part of my left shin hurts, throbbing pain after

Customer Question

The front part of my left shin hurts, throbbing pain after several months of discomfort. It starts at the top and radiates down to my foot.
What kind of a doctor should I see?

As far as I know, I did not injure it. Just started hurting one day.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that it is important to investigate any clot formation or deep vein thrombosis in the leg. Also important to rule out any nerve compression, minor stress fracture. I will highly advise to see your physician first soon as possible or if you are having pain right now which is increasing then visit to ER for early examination and tests such as doppler scan of leg, x-ray leg. You may need to see vascular surgeon in case of clot formation or in case of any bony injury or fracture then you may need to see orthopedic surgeon later on. This all depends on the examination findings and test results of your family physician or physician in ER. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience: Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are the odds I have bone cancer, since pain meds are not helping, And what tests are needed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could it be bone cancer? Pain meds are not helping, not even two aleve.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
In case of bone cancer CT scan or MRI is required which will be helpful to make a diagnosis. It is less likely to be bone cancer but yes most of the bone cancers do present with pain initially BUT with the history and symptoms bone cancer is less likely. I have already advised to see your physician or ER for early evaluation and tests because important to rule out clot formation in the leg which is common one and I am worried for that. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.