Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I accidentally dropped a 15lbs. dumbbell on my right foot three

I accidentally dropped a 15lbs. dumbbell on my right foot three days ago. It hit on the top of my foot, very close to the big toe. Initially, my entire foot was numb and I couldn't wiggle my toes, but after a few minutes I was pain free aside from some tenderness upon touch. I figured it wasn't serious.

I'm a regular walker and have continued with my normal routine since the incident. My right leg has been experience different strange sensations: sometimes, my foot will be very itchy near the ankle and top of foot, but it feels as if the itchiness is BELOW the skin. Other times, my whole foot feels numb. At other times, I feel a shooting but relatively dull pain go up my leg into my chin and sometimes up to the tip of my knee.

I've been told by doctors in the past that I have a high tolerance for pain, so I'm concerned that I injured my foot worse than I originally thought and have been able to ignore the pain.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Sounds like you may be correct......and you have injured your foot more then you thought. I think it is time to go see your primary care MD and see what she has to say. You may need an x-ray to better delineate what is going on.

Customer:

Okay

RickMD :

15 lb dumbell is a lot of energy to hit the top of your foot with.....you are a much tougher guy then me if you've been able to take the pain for this long ;-)

RickMD :

Have a good day and I hope your foot heals quick.

Customer:

Thank you so much

RickMD :

My pleasure.

RickMD :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.