Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Now this is a quite rare disorder that only I recently have

Now this is a quite rare disorder that only I recently have come to realize about myself and better understand. I came across research on the website and after cross-referencing some other material it occurred to me that the unexplained phenomena that I have been dealing with all my life closely matches the symptoms of Developmental Topographical Disorientation. I am a 33 year old professional living and working in the Washington, DC area. I have been not too successful in finding methods to confirm that this is indeed DTD. I was curious as to whether to you be able to steer me in the right direction for further diagnosis (whether it be scheduling an MRI locally--which I have never had before, or visiting a specialist place like the University of Calgary in Canada (per the website for further assessment). I would appreciate any assistance or advice that you are able to offer. I have not received any response from the folks as of yet. Perhaps in summary you could say this experience is like me driving or walking from North to South however in an instant it changes to East to West. Sometimes this happens automatically but not too often but I can inititate myself when and where I want on-demand. It often happens when walking back to my car in a large parking lot and the only way I can remember where my car is is if I mentally "snap" my brain into the same "perspective" as when I originally parked the car. Any assistance and/or guidance would be very much appreciated.
I have gone to the web site you posted. As I am sure you are aware their thoughts do not follow the conventional medical thinking. As such, I agree -- the best place for you to pursue this rare disorder is at their institution.

I suggest you contact the University of Calgary in Canada and get a referral to the people who are mentioned on the website as I do not believe you will find a MD who can help you with your stated problem.

I have noticed that you have posted prior questions at JustAnswer and, it seems, have received comprehensive answers yet choose not to accept them and, therefore, allow the experts to be compensated for assisting you. I hope that you will find my assistance to be helpful and will choose to mash the accept button and prove me with positive feedback for assisting you with this issue.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the feedback its been a very busy morning. I've just reviewed and accepted the other questions and will accept yours as well. I thought perhaps there may be some relief or knowledge of this situation (or "disorder") State-side however I will continue to pursue options in Canada as you recommend. Thanks again for your careful review and research.
My pleasure. I wish you the very best. Have a good day.