Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Ive been sick for five years good days and bad,im only 26 years old. My doc said i may hav

Ive been sick for five years good days and bad,im only 26 years old. My doc said i may have Lupis i do have fibromialgia, chronic pain syndrom, narrowing of the spine, anxiety,depressed,appitite loss, i vomit randomly all day. always thirsty.recently pain in my abdomin, systs on my overies. lower back pain.high blood presure . fingers and toes numb or white.nauseous ,vertigo,migraines.Leg pain. Im injurred,car accident and on pain meds they thought it was limes disease 3 years ago, im sick all the time bed ridden for days. I dont leave the house most of the time because i start feeling sick just walking around. And weight loss
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are still having, even after all this time.

RickMD :

And Ten Million doctors is a lot of doctors to have examine you....Is it ok if I smile a bit at this statement?

RickMD :

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing you can do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associated or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

You are too young to be hurting this much and for so long. I really think a group of super sub specialists like you can find at institutions like these will give you the best chance of getting some answers and, hopefully, some relief. They often even offer care to folks l like yourself who have no insurance and can't afford huge medical bills.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

hi sorry

RickMD :

No problem. What do you think?

Customer:

well i will try anythiing at this point but you have no ideas as to what could be wrong it gets to the point i worry i wont wake up sometimes

Customer:

I take oxies and Loratabs and it takes most of the pain but they just put me on oxies which helped but ive been on pain meds since mty car accident in 2010

Customer:

i havent gone back to work but before the accident i was sick my doc put me on three days a week and only four hours because i was bad

RickMD :

I can understand your concerns. In reviewing your post your problems a so varied, so long lasting and so severe that really is impossible to give you a meaningful answer as to why and what is going on. I'm sure you can understand that if all the doc's who have personally examined you, done a boat load of tests etc can't figure it out then, with "chat" as my only diagnostic tool, my chances of coming with a new and better answer is pretty slim. I'm good, but not that good :o)

Customer:

He was trying to help me figure it out thinks its lupis but he had a massive heart attack lost his leg and never came back. the new Doctor didnt even know i was sick.

RickMD :

That sucks when you have a doc who is finally starting to understand what is going on with you and then stops practicing or moves away. That is why I think if you can get tucked into a University system you will have a much better chance of getting some answers.

Customer:

i really only been to about four 2 or 3 ER doc and my primary and i never got the tests i need i got some from the ER that how they diagnosed the fibromialgia

RickMD :

Those test results and medical records "belong" to you. All you have to do is ask...or better yet have your new doctors at the University request them (this way you won't be charged for copies) and the ER, Hospital and other doc's have to let you have them. It is the law.

Customer:

no i didnt get it done

Customer:

i have the script to get the blood work still it costs like $3,000

Customer:

but i wont wasste anymore of your time. I thank you for your time and i will submit payment. Thanks for listening. Ive pretty much given up at this point ya know. Thanks

RickMD :

Wow! That is a lot of money for blood work! You may very well want to contact a University program or medicaid etc and see what the can do to help you with these huge expenses. There has to be something that can be done to help.....

RickMD :

You are not wasting my time. Is is my pleasure to chat with you and offer any help I can.

Customer:

In NY its expensive to breath...

Customer:

Thank you

RickMD :

Ya....I lived in the Village during Medical School....I remember

Customer:

Have a nice day Doc

RickMD :

The good thing about NYC (if that is where in NY you are) is that there a number of fantastic teaching hospitals within spitting distance....

Customer:

Buffalo

RickMD :

You too. I hope things get better for you very,very soon. Hang in there, OK?

RickMD :

Oh...lots of snow up there....

Customer:

nope none this year its 65 right now

RickMD :

here in Wisconsin too....weird winter.

Customer:

Its nice, scarey but nice

Customer:

goota love polution

RickMD :

It's all Al Gore's fault. Not only did he invent the internet (If you were to ask him....) but Global Warming is all because of him.

RickMD :

:)

Customer:

atleast in our lifetime we will only feel the nice weather room it. Well except for the hundreds of tornados accros the US, and polar bears haveing to swim alot more

RickMD :

Truth.

Customer:

It was my pleasure Sir

RickMD :

Mine too. Bye

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you....
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC