Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hello, I suffer from OCD, anxiety and sleep apnea (treated

Hello, I suffer from OCD, anxiety and sleep apnea (treated with CPAP). I have had a terrible relapse for no reason and my minds perception of everything seems damaged. I have racing thoughts that intrude upon every waking moment. I have low vitamin D and minor liver abnormalities in blood tests and have been off work for 3 months. I think I am going psychotic but I do not hallucinate nor have delusions. I think this is partly physical because sometimes I am fine and next thing I know - I can feel anxiety chemicals release in my brain for NO reason. I have mind blanking at times and memory problems and concentration problems that have only started in this episode. I feel VERY spaced out all day. I have a GP slowly investigating me but I am asking experts on JA for clarification.

I have had a normal CAT scan without contrast and it was clear. I have had an MRI 10 years ago that showed a pineal cyst that was in the normal size limits. Pineal cysts don't show up on CAT scans do they? Could my pineal cyst have enlarged and be causing problems? Could you think of anything else that could cause my problems that could be neurological? Thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Camile, Yeah I would still like an answer if that is okay.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
I do not believe that your old pineal cyst is the cause of your difficulties, racing thought etc.

I am glad that you are working with your GP to get to the bottom of what is causing your problems. However, since this has been going on for sometime now, and things have taken a recent turn for the worse, perhaps you should consult with another physician.

What type of a doctor would I recommend? A psychiatrist. I know. No one wants to be thought of as crazy and that is not what I am trying to say here. It's just that a psychiatrist is an expert with issues such as racing thoughts, changes in perception and OCD and she may have insights that your GP doesn't

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC