Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, Over a month ago I took an accidental, drunken nose

Hello, Over a month ago I took an accidental, drunken nose dive into our cement and tile hot tub. I did not pass out. My injury was a full opening of my scalp, starting at my left temple to my upper center forehead. My left eye brow was swollen. I continue to have dull headaches and feelings of pressure on the top of my head. I was told in the emergency room that I had a concussion. My in house alcohol rehab only lasted two weeks before I walked and relapsed for an hour and returned.  They discharged me.   Since the beginning I have felt fatigued, forgetful and reacting different than normal. I hope this will pass. Should I have been treated any different than normal in rehab? I understand this is a loaded question.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Sure.. no hurry. It's an involved question. Thanks

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

A concussion can have effects that last for a long time, sometimes a lifetime. On the other hand, the front part of your skull (forehead) is one of the toughest parts of your head. It is even "cushioned" by the frontal sinuses.

I do not think that the folks in rehab really should have done anything different for you given your recent history. First of all, they are not a full hospital facility and as long as you had no serious symptoms there is no need to transfer you to an ER in the middle of your rehab.

This being said, if you are still having difficulties, and from what you have posted, it seems like you might, I'd make an appointment to see your primary care MD.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC