Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2003. had a laminectemy

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2003. had a laminectemy in 2004 due to numbness going all the way from my foot to groin and severe pain. Now I am having pain coming from that same area when i weight bear and now my thigh is completely numb. should I see my doctor now
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.
Yes, since you are now experiencing new, and rather severe pain with a large area of numbness, I feel that it is important for you to see you doctor sooner rather then later.

Since you doctor knows your past history well she would be the best one to see.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is not that I am dissatisfied, it is just that I was hoping for what it "might be." I am pretty sure I have a pinched nerve due to the numbness and my concern is if I need or should get a new MRI to compare the one from 2003 or...? I did see my doctor last night and she put me on a steroid pack, so today I take 6, tomorrow 5, etc. She is hoping it will bring down the inflammation. I call her in a week.
That sounds like an excellent plan. And, as you said, if things are not better then you can have a repeat MRI.

It sounds like you have a very good doctor taking care of you :)

When I read your question I understood it to be that you wanted to know what you should do concerning seeing your doctor now. I didn't understand that you were interested in a differential diagnosis of your current issue. Sorry about the misunderstanding....

That being said, if I've been helpful to you, and if you are so inclined, it would be OK for you to mash the accept button and, maybe, just maybe, give me positive feedback :-)

I hope the pulse dose of steroids work and you get to felling better soon. Have a good day.