Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

I have stomach pain as soon as I eat anything and my stomach

I have stomach pain as soon as I eat anything and my stomach is bloated all the time , can you please advice what should i do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Do you have pain in upper abdomen above navel?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the pain since last 1 week constantly but had the pain on n off since last 2 months

No i havent done any test

yes the pain is upper abdome and sometimes around my breast when the pain starts.

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
The symptoms you are having can be due to a condition called gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

To get relief,take antacid- Gaviscon.It contains alginic acid and sodium bicarbonate. The combination of the alginic acid and bicarbonate will create a a foam barrier which floats on the stomach acid,providing great relief.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter(OTC)without a prescription.

Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.All this will help you greatly to keep your symptoms at bay.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor as tests like upper endoscopy,gastroscopy,barium meal studies may be required & accordingly medications may be prescribed.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is it normal to get pain around the breast area becuase of gastric issue and feel bloated all the time?

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Do you have pain in chest?
Does this pain increases with exertion?
Any numbness in left arm?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no numbness

does not increase with exertion

Expert:  Dr.David replied 5 years ago.
Okay,then most likely this pain is because of gastric issue.There can be associated GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.

So I advice you to take the above described medications.It will help you greatly. If still the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor as tests like upper endoscopy,gastroscopy,barium meal studies may be required & accordingly medications like H-2-receptor blockers,Antacids that neutralize stomach acid,Pro-motility drugs , Medications to reduce acid production, Foam barriers ( that are composed of an antacid and a foaming agent) may be prescribed.

Also please do not forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can get credit for the time & assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.David