Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

So I had a psychotic episode 12 years ago due to a combination

So I had a psychotic episode 12 years ago due to a combination of taking LSD and staying awake for 14 days. I've put the whole experience into a memoir, and I've just finished the second draft of a chapter about the neurological aspects of what was going on during the first seven days. It's about three pages of text, and I'm trying to find someone to glance over it to make sure I haven't made any glaring errors in my research. Help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still waiting.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.
I am not a neurologist but as a physician perhaps I could review your text and give you suggestions where the medical facts don't make sense.

Let me know if I can help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Awesome. Here's a link to a PDF. There are links to the sources at the bottom; I haven't settled on a citation style yet.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50203236/medical-chapter-take-2.pdf
Ok. Let me review it and I'll post back here.
Hi. I've read your manuscript and I have to say that I do not see any glaring errors in your statements concerning the physiology and functioning of the brain or nervous system. I think you have done a very good job of researching your medical facts.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue or if you want me to take a look at it again as you continue to write.

I wish you the best of luck. Have a great day :o)
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC