Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

I am only able to have a bowel movment with the aid of a Rectal

I am only able to have a bowel movment with the aid of a Rectal Syringe. My general MD can see a small red bulge at one of the surgery lines in the rectum. I had an Anoplasty about 40 years ago. Am recovering from a reaction to Miralax. I am awaiting a call from a surgery office to put me on their list of people to see. My feeling is there must be a larger obstruction further up. I had pain off and on for a few weeks but not these last two days none. Does this sound like something you are familiar with? I live in Springfield, MO.
I could drive to Rochester, MN

(This condition could have started in December)

Vera (Vicki) Barrett
3351 S Woodstock Ave.
Springfield, Mo 65809
Why do you feel there is an obstruction after up? Has your stool been tested for blood?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No stool sample has been taken. I see no blood.

I have muscles in the rectal area but no stool will pass how ever I press.

Thank you for the additional information. In view of the fact that this has been going on since December it is relatively recent change. This all may be due to the lesion or swelling in the anal canal which sounds like a result of your previous surgery or it may be unrelated and may represent a lesion or growth father up into the colon. For this reason you need to have a colonoscopy if you have not had one done recently. If you have had a recent colonoscopy and it was normal it is unlikely that you have a cancer. Until you see a doctor regarding your anal lesion I would suggest you ask your doctor about a relatively new drug called Amitiza which may help until you are able to see the surgeon.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.