Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

A relative of mine who is 27 years old was diagnosed with

A relative of mine who is 27 years old was diagnosed with Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytomas which is 6-7 cm long. It is located in the frontal and lobe part of the brain. Surgeons wants to wait three months to see if it grows or stays the same. If it does not grows, he may live up to 15 years.

My question is if the tumor grows, what would the treatment be?

As per the doctors, surgery is out of the questions due to its location. The tumor is grade 1 , and it is not cancerous. Where can I take this young man in the US for the best possible treatment?
One of the best places for you to take your relative in the USA for a second opinion and possible treatment would be Harvard Medical School, MGH Neurosurgical Service in Boston Massachusetts. They will be able to give you the best advice on what to do, if anything, should the tumor grows.

They have an excellent referral service that deals with the huge number of consults that they receive from around the world. Here is everything you need to know about how to arrange for your relative to be evaluated:

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.