Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

This one needs a dermatologist

This one needs a dermatologist
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 years ago.
While I can understand your desire to speak with a dermatologist your wife's condition is a common one and I, or most any of the other medicine doctors can help you with your issue. There doesn't seem to be a dermatologist online.

I have reviewed your post however you did not ask a question. What would you like to know about your wife's shingles outbreak? I would be more then happy to assist you.

I look forward to hearing from you....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found a product called Terrasil which is supposed to kill the virus. I applied the salve to the affected areas and a day later the skin developed burn-type blisters which soon break and leak lymph. What do we know about this product and is what is happening normal progression ? Any other more effective treatments available?
Terrasil is a scam. It does nothing to affect the virus at all.

The blisters normally leak fluid when they break. They will then dry up and go away....this is the regular course of shingles.

The only "treatment" is to keep the blisters clean and dry to prevent infection and scar formation.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with on this topic. I hope your wife feels better soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IF Terrsil is scam, can itdo any harm?
That is a very good question. I would not use it as it could, conceivably make a skin infection more likely, but to tell you the truth, I really don't know if it can cause any harm. That being said, if it won't do any good why use it?

Have a good day.