Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

a reguler doctor on here told me i should talk to a endorinology.

a reguler doctor on here told me i should talk to a endorinology. im not exactly sure of what you do but i thought id give it a try and ask a few questions. my situation is that 3 months ago i overate and decided to try and relieve by vomiting (not something i normally do so no lecture please). i never ended up acually vomiting, just really forceful dry heaving. in the middle of heaving i got this strange spaced out feeling and to this day has still not let up. i also get headaches in the back of my upper neck. a few days after this all happened i went to the er and they did a cat scan and spinal tap on me, both normal. but the next day my eyes started feeling heavy and tired all the time and still do. iv gotten alot of blood work done that all came back normal. i was just put on anxiety meds (buspar) a week ago because every single doctor i go see just says it is anxiety because they dont really know. i dont see how anxiety symptoms pop up because of hard dry heaving and never let up. this is ruining my life. i need to get some answers. im lossing hope :(
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes im still waiting if there is anyone who can help me

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing you can do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associated or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i live in rochester ny

There is an excellent University program right in your home town. Here is a link with their contact information as well as some data about their program:

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/medicine/Endocrinology/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you. do you have any idea of what could be going on with me though? all this happened right in the middle of my dry heaving situation so i believe it has to do with that. could i have done something like injured something that the cat scan could not see? i dont believe a infection or anything like that just popped up out of nonwhere while doing what i was doing

That is a very good question and, since your issues are complex and have had a very extensive workup along with personal exams by well qualified doctors I'm afraid that, using only "chat" as my diagnostic tool, it is unlikely that I would be able to come up with any new insights.

I'm sure you can understand this....

But, that being said, the folks at the University should be able to shed some much needed light on your problems.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT/positive feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC