Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

Is there a rectal probiotic suppository for gut flora available

Is there a rectal probiotic suppository for gut flora available (either by perscription or otherwise)? In a google seaqrch I saw a patent pending for one. How do I get a probiotic suppository for men?
Actually you can use RepHresh PRO B - which is a pill - and you can actually take by mouth - you do not need to use in the rectum.
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know that I can use oral probiotics- my question was if there is a suppository available.
Yes, you can use the same as a suppository - it will work equally as effective.
I Hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do u mean? insert the pill into the rectum? Is a prescription needed?

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, I am waiting for an answer.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Hello JA customer. I see that you have been waiting for an answer about rectal probiotic.

I would be glad to help you.

Yes, you can use rectal probiotics like acidophilus. However, these are generally used in the doctor's office as you need an assistant to put the probiotic into the rectum directly.
It has been seen that some probiotics are sensitive to stomach acid and work better when introduced through the rectum.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Please press the "green accept button" to accept this answer and give credit for my work and time.

Positive Feedback and bonus is warmly appreciated.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.