Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

stool is med. to dark olive green and urine is lite lime green

stool is med. to dark olive green and urine is lite lime green as well, wife & I had bug at 1st of year also lymph nodes in throat area have been swolen and more so in evenings

Hello. I would like to help you find an answer.

Any GI or urinary symptoms or just the abnormal stool and urine color?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is GI
gastrointestinal-like bloating, pain, etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no bloating or pain, I do have occasional gas after fatty foods for example: burgers, mexican foods, pizza ect... but stool and urine seem to remain same color... olive in color!

Are they this color all the time?

How long has it been going on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

only when I've had a bug or possible virus, olive color has been consistent since january... please reply soon

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i would like to have answer but would appreciate a more timely fassion, I have engagements at other location w/no email please help, thanks
Hello
Green stool is usually due to increased bowel stool mobility
shortened transit time...bile does not have time to change color
The other cause is food or dyes

Green urine is from infection for from food dye.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello Dr Thomas you stated due to increased bowel stool mobility shortened transit time... bile does not have time to change color, what does that mean? Is that healthy or unhealthy I need laymen term also urine is lime green in mormings and I'm not eating anything to my knowledge to produce these colors, also I mentioned my glands in my neck have been somewhat swolen and sensitive, Im concerned!
Bile is usually green ,and turns dark
If you have a bowel irritation you can have green stool because the bile has no time to turn dark.
You need a urinalysis and blood test for kidney function to see if there is a reason for the urine...infection, bladder stones, kidney problems...might all cause this.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had a doctor visit several months ago and my vitiam D was low, he didnt seem to have a answer! however my colestoral was elevated and I have been eating cerial for breakfast every morning, all this seems to be associated with my swolen (neck) glands, Whats causing my Vitiam D to be low? can you elaborate on these a bit more? thanks
Vitamin D deficiency is from lack of sunlight, and poor access in the diet.
Cholesterol is also diet and genetic related.
Neither have a relation to green stool.

Or green urine.

Here is an interesting mayo clinic blurb on urine color
good luck
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urine-color/DS01026/DSECTION=causes

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what about the thyroid glands being swolen! this also has has been going on since me and my wife were sick at christmas and new years! thanks for the mayoclinic info
There is only a thyroid gland, under the adams apple.
If this is swollen you need thyroid studies, and an ultrasound.
This would have nothing to to with green urine, but might cause bowel hyper mobility
Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I meant whatever the glands are on each side and slightly above the adams apple, they are somewhat sensitive to the touch and feel like average size marbles on each side

Those are submanibular glands
Everyone has them
they are normal
They can swell when eating, from allergies, colds and from stones
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for you imput and opinion Dr Thomas
You are welcome anytime
dt