Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

can the vaccine for shingles stop herpes 2 outbreaks? is there a food that aggravates or

can the vaccine for shingles stop herpes 2 outbreaks? is there a food that aggravates or incites outbreaks, or is there a cure?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question.

There is no scientific evidence that shingles vaccine will help prevent HSV2 outbreaks and it will not work for any other form of herpes except herpes zoster.

HSV2 outbreaks can be triggered by stress, illness, fatigue,low immune system etc.
No scientific studies have clearly documented any foods which can trigger HSV2 outbreak.
Currently there is no cure for genital herpes(HSV2) infection.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both women in my life experiences claim not to have herpes 2. Could I have gotten it from my dog? My brother says he has spent "intimate" time with the dog, and sometimes I let the dog lick me. Or could I have gotten it from his towels? How long does the virus live on towels? Did the two girl friends lie to me?
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 years ago.
A person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection.
Transmission can occur even during dormant phase.(Asymptomatic viral shedding)
It would be extremely ublikely to get herpes from towels or toilet seats.
Although non sexual transmission is practically very less but theoretically the risk of transmission exist.

For further reading
http://www.ahmf.com.au/patients/conditions/genital-herpes/non-sexual-transmission

Overall there are chances that your partners are not aware of there HSV 2 infection.
In some cases the initial outbreak is mild and may go un noticed.
The virus may have been transmitted during asymptomatic phase.
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
canine to human transmission possible?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
herpes 2 trasfer between dogs and humans - is it possible?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
There is no transmission of HSV from dogs to humans. There is a form of herpes that can affect dogs, but it is a different virus and is not transmitted to humans.