Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

get pain in cheast and feel dizzy and burp a lot had these

get pain in cheast and feel dizzy and burp a lot had these symptoms since I gave birth to my 2 nd son 18months ago my gp says its just gas
Category: Medical
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question:

Have any tests been done?

How often do you get these symptoms?

Has any treatment been tried?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a thiroid test done which came back negative but nothing else.

I get them 3 to 4 times a week .Its similar to indigestion but mixed with anxeity i dont get a burning in my chest just burp a lot .My pictorial muscels and sternum ache
I have cut out spicy food and caffine.I eat healthy drink fruit smoothies for breakfast,eat a good meal at night too trying to get all my nutients in.
Thank you for your question:

Based on the information that you have provided, I believe that you may be suffering from GORD (GERD in the USA) - gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Gastroesophageal-reflux-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx

There are a number of treatment options including avoiding caffeine (tea, coffee, soda), avoiding laying flat after meals, medications to reduce acid secretion in the stomach (examples include Zantac, Zoton etc)

Since your symptoms have persisted this long, you should discuss with your GP the possible benefits of a referral to a gastoenterologist for an evaluation.