Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Im a Spontaneous SCF Leak. I had my second blood patch done

Im a Spontaneous SCF Leak. I had my second blood patch done a week ago & overall feel sooooo much better!!! They did a high volume patch in my thoracic region the 2nd time a week ago.. Since then I seem to now have a slight but constant pressure in my head mostly behind my ears & slight temple pulse..... as if there is air that can not escape & plugged ears? Why is this? As the day continues it seems to have more pressure & at this point it hurts when I bend over like a huge painful head rush. But then 2 mins later the rush is gone & I'm completely fine. I also can almost feel something move from side to side when I tilt my head from side to side. Tonight I got out of my truck & had a huge rush or pressure/pain for maybe one minute then it was gone too. Back to just my previous complaints oh and jaw feels weird too like as if I ate something sour?? And when pressures do build up I can almost feel it in my temples & sinuses? What is all this?? I can't get in with my PA until 3/26/12...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
It is hard to know why you are still having these intermittent symptoms. That being said, I believe it would be best for you to take it easy for a few more days; don't bend over, don't drive....just relax on the couch etc.

It is also important for you to let your doctor know about what is happening to you...if you are concerned, don't let the office tell you that you can't be seen until the end of March -- insist that you be "squeezed in" if your symptoms continue.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now I'm having pain/pressure in my tailbone? Is this related? I noticed when the onset of everything else started after my blood patch but didn't imagine it would be related to everything else so I kinda just disregarded it. But each day it also seems to be more noticeable. And now today is extremely noticeable. And to top off the weirdness of it all I get like a rush of pain/pressure in my tailbone when I get up after sitting for a period of time (has happened 4 times now today) then its gone in like 30 seconds. Is this anything to do with what we previously discussed? Now I'm not getting the rush of pain/pressure to my head but in my tailbone rather??
It would probably be best to give you doctor a call in the morning and, since he knows you best, XXXXX XXXXX he thinks you should come in for an evaluation in the morning.

From what you have told me I don't think it is an emergency that you be seen right now.

Does this make sense?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My primary Dr. has no expertise in this type of ailment. So I have been referred to a Neurologist. Which I've been trying but can't seem to get in any sooner than 3/26.
If that is the case, and the pain continues or gets worse, then I guess your only option would be to go to the ER. I don't like the fact that the pain continues to get worse.....it really should be evaluated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My pain level is maybe a 1 for the most part except when those few occasions take place... But it almost seems as if I can feel my brain in my head move when I tilt my head from side to side and, and plugged ears, and like a feeling of my jaw being puckered & pressure behind ears after longer lengths of being up?? I just don't get why that would all be taking place? No headaches tho? A nurse friend wondered if my brain had decended into my occipital bone due to lack of SCF pressure? But if that's the case where is my headaches like before? But one thing that does intrigue me if my brain has in fact decended could that out pressure on my spine to give me that sensation now in my tailbone?? Just so many questions? Driving me crazy because I just want to be back to normal again?
I don't think that your brain has descended......you would be much worse off then a pain of 1.

I hope things get better soon...if not you really should be examined in person after all that your have been through.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for your time. I appreciate your listening. I hope to get in sooner rather than later too :(
My pleasure. Best of luck :)

I hope you feel better soon
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD