Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have a lump in my throat, on the right side. its been a

I have a lump in my throat, on the right side. it's been a week and it's painful to swallow, especially when eating or drinking. What cout it be?
Hello
Where is this lump exactly?
Inside?
A tonsil?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
inside, just below my right jaw
OK
This is a sub mandibular gland
Often they swell during a throat infection
Is your throat sore?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, my throat is not sore, but the first day I had it, the whole right side of my head was hurting. and it gets worse at night
OK
This can infection n the gland
It usually clears up
If it doe not it is possible to have a stone in the gland and bacteria infection
Then antibiotics are needed...an ENT doctor can help and remove the stone
Suggest that if it is improving give it a few more days then see your doc.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I also caused pain in my top gums( the right side), and the lump seems to change the size
submanibular gland lumps change
You also want to make sure you don't have a tooth abscess
I would get this examined tomorrow or the next day then, latest
could be bacterial
good luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is a tooth abscess. could it be the cause or it"s the side effect of the infection? sorry I'm asking too many questions; I'm just worried
An infection of the gum or tooth
the same bacteria could infect the gland
All easily treatable with antibiotics